- Conventional Loans: Loan option with as little as 3% down and 20%+ down and with lender paid options so you would pay no Private Mortgage Insurance. This program has competitive rates for those with credit scores over 720 but can be as low as 620 but with higher rates so FHA may be a better option. The maximum loan amount for this program in Louisiana is $484,350 so any loan amount over this would be considered a Jumbo loan which we do offer but has different financing terms.
- Conventional loans are mortgage loans offered by non-government sponsored lenders. These loan types include:
- Fixed Rate Loans
- Adjustable Rate Loans (ARMs)
- Combination (Hybrid) Loans
- Jumbo / Construction Loans
What are Conventional Loans and Conforming Loans?
By definition, a Conventional Loan is any mortgage that’s not guaranteed or insured by the federal government. Louisiana conventional loans may be either “conforming” and “non-conforming”, although ‘conventional loans’ generally refer to ‘conforming loans’. Therefore Louisiana conventional loan limits are the same thing as Louisiana conforming loan limits.
Minimum Louisiana Conventional Loan Down Payment: